Black Bean and Jicama Salad2015-03-17
- Servings : 8-12
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 20m
Super savory and the ultimate fresh summer salad, this black bean and jicama salad can be spiced up or spiced down, can be made to incorporate those “coming out of your ears” summer garden vegetables, and can be jazzed up with grilled chicken or steak to make a satisfying southwestern style main entree.
- 2 cups black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup peeled, finely diced jicama
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/3 cup minced cilantro
- 2 tablespoons thin sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons Raimondo Winery Honey Serrano Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Raimondo Winery Persian Lime Olive Oil
- Butter lettuce leaves, rinsed for serving cups
In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients excepting lettuce leaf serving cups. Mix well. May then be covered and refrigerated until ready for use.
To serve, spoon summer black bean and jicama salad into lettuce leaves. Garnish with cilantro.
Recommended Wine Pairing: