Roasted Carrot Soup with Dukkah
- 2 pounds carrots, scrubbed & cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp Raimondo Sevillano Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1-2 tsp ground tumeric
- 4 tsp The Spice Dukkah Blend
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 qt vegetable broth
- Greek yogurt
- Toasted pistachios
Preheat oven to 425°. Place the carrots on a rimmed baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Roast until the carrots are tender and beginning to brown, about 20 – 30 minutes. Let the carrots cool slightly, then transfer to a blender, add the vegetable broth and blend for about 2 minutes or until soup is very smooth. Pour the soup into a medium saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Add broth as needed for a thinner consistency. Season soup to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve with a Tbsp. of yogurt into center of each and sprinkle with Dukkah, a tsp per bowl and toasted pistachios.
- For a dairy-free version, drizzle basil olive oil instead of yogurt.
- For a spicy treat, add a tablespoon of Raimondo Harrisa Cooking Sauce into the soup before garnishing.
- Garnish with lemon zest and a drizzle of Raimondo Meyer Lemon Olive Oil.